Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ready, Set, Action!





Oh my goodness, if I thought my last visit at New Day Cleveland was a blast, today was even better. What a wonderful group of people to spend my morning with!!   It is always nice to have an idea of what to expect the second time around (although I must admit I was still nervous!!)  David Moss is so great to cook with.  He makes me laugh big time and keeps me on my toes for sure!  But he is incredibly friendly and made my cooking segment fun and effortless.  (Although I think I said "tomatoes" instead of "potatoes".  I am such a dork.  haha.  Nerves I tell ya!  But aside from my slip of the tongue I am really happy with my appearance.

Here is me live in action if you were unable to watch this morning live or live outside the viewing area.



Also the recipe for the Fresh Corn Chowder I made on todays show can be found here

4 comments:

  1. Don't worry, my 4-year-old confuses tomatoes and potatoes all the time. LOL

    You did great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Amy, that made me feel a TON better ;) Hahaha, it's ok, you gotta giggle at yourself, right?!

      Delete
  2. Very nice job! The host guy is kinda strange, I love that he randomly asked you about the comedian when you're in the middle of adding ingredients. I'm just wondering, do you not sweat the onion and celery first with the butter before adding it to the crock pot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kyle!! Thank you so much! That was a little goofy of David Moss, but I really like him. He is a great guy, and I think just trying to warm me up a bit.

      With this recipe I don't sweat the onions and celery, although you most certainly could. Since it is cooking for such a long period of time, the vegetables will sweat in there add to the liquid. Usually the only thing i precook before dumping into a crock pot is when i make a pot roast. I like to sear my meat first. But in this instance you really want the sweet corn flavor to shine, so it isn't necessary!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails